Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm a real cowgirl!

Last night I participated in my first Gymkhanas event! I had so much fun, even though I didn't get home until after 1 AM! (I usually turn into a pumpkin after 11 PM) It was suprising how many participants there were during the Holiday weekend, but with the economy the way it is and the perfect weather we are having....

I rode in 3 patterns - the Cloverleaf, dirty Triangle, and the poles. I rode Hugh, the horse I am leasing now. Hershey hurt his hip and is taking a vacation. Hopefully he will be back in commission soon! He is exciting to ride because he thinks he is a race car! But Hugh has more experience and is more reliable. He doesn't usually go faster than a lope unless you really nag him, but he was so excited doing the barrels he did a pretty fantastic gallop to finish off our time. Very impressive.

So this Cowgirl is excited to brag that Hugh and I earned 2 ribbons for 6th and 1 for 5th Place. Yeeeeehaw!

5 comments:

Tam Tam said...

WOOHOO. Congrats! At least you're a real cowgirl now so you can tell all your students in the fall!

BeCcA said...

Totally awesome. You are a really cowgirl!!!

Kathy C said...

Way to go, Cowgirl Liz! I guess your boots weren't made for walkin'... Way to kick some tail with your ridin'!!!

Kathy C said...

I posted the pics from tonight on my blog. Feel free to copy them! Thanks again for a FABULOUS time! I loved it!

Gwyn said...

Congratulations, Liz!! What a good example to your kids of hard work paying off.