Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Jonah! Oh, and I am special, too!

I had the best Mother's Day ever! I love that I got to celebrate Jonah's birthday the same day. Our morning began with breafast in bed from Mike and Nate. Mike put an orchid corsage on my plate for me to wear to church. Jonah gave me the silent treatment for a little while because he did not want to share his special day with me. But no one can stay mad at me for long, (of course!) and we had a great day! AND, I came home from church to find Jodi had left me a beautiful boquet of flowers on the table.

Below are the poems two of the boys wrote for me. My boys are so wonderful - funny, smart, and talented! I feel very loved. Lucky me


WHY MY MOM IS THE BEST by Nate

Why is my mom the best? How does she manage to be better than the rest?

My mom is the best because she knows everything there ever was.

My mom is so great - she has an awesome son named Nate!

My mom takes great care of us, even when we start to fuss.

My mom can do anything, she might even be able to grow wings!

My mom makes great things to eat. She brings a smile to everyone she meets.

As you can see my mom is the best she can be.

My eye is black, my brother's blue. If we thought about it we shouldn't fight because we have you!

Who is someone you can love all the time? Who is someone who still cares if you whine? Who is someone who can't help but be perfect? Who is someone who got a pool so we can get wet? Who is someone that is such a great nurturere? Who is someone that makes me maturer?

The person who can do all these things and much, much more ...... my Mom!



MOM by Noah

I am your favorite child
I wonder if you love me
I hear you yell at me
I see you walk me to school
I want to see ou
I am your favorite child

I pretend to be like you
I feel happy when I see you
I touch your clothes when I hug you
I worry you will die
I cry when you punish me
I am your favorite child

I understand why you punish me
I say I love you
I dream of you living a long time
I try to please you
I hope you love me
I am your favorite child.

4 comments:

Tam Tam said...

How sweet. You should have taken a picture of the corsage.

Aspen was watching TV here and on came a commercial that said like you had to get flowers for your mother for mothers day. Then he told Aden he had to get me flowers. Aden said something like I didn't really like or want flowers. Then Aspen got sad/frustrated because it said on TV that he had to.

Anyway...thought I'd share.
Oh and the AC is fixed here...so it's not going to be so horribly hot at bedtime! Another I thought I'd share moment.

Rogers Family said...

What sweet boys you have. I can't wait until my two little boys are old enough to write me poems like that. Look like you had a great mother's day. I made a special post on my blog for my mother for Mother's Day. You are more that welcome to look it up if you want to spend a few minutes to think about my mom. She was a wonderful person. I'm not sure if I already told you about the post or not. The site is www.isaacandben.blogspot.com.

Kathy C said...

Liz IS great
And has cool poems written by Nate
Noah's rocked too, I have to say
And I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day

Okay, I need Nate and Noah to give me lessons!

Tell Jonah HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I am so impressed at what a good sharer he is!

Kathy C said...

P.S. My favorite part of Noah's poem was his last line... Classic!